Let’s review how we got there in less than ten bullet points
- I followed my desire to express myself through writing outside of the workplace — dabbled here and there with editorials and short stories.
- I then had a deep and lasting dream about writing a book with a very elaborate science fiction story.
I wasn’t ready for that.
Then I found Medium.com.
My eyes were opened wide.
- I started reading articles, picking up on writer tips, reading comments, sharing comments, absorbing like a sponge, and then writing a few articles to test the waters.
- I wrote about writing and published a few articles in my spare time about the journey I was taking and how many Followers I was attracting.
Seemed like a thing a number of writers on Medium do from time to time. (Understatement of the year)
And swear to God, this will be the last article I write having to do with anything about the number of Followers I have, or do not have, on Medium.
But I digress.
- I then, explored more fantastic publications on Medium, found more content I loved, and some funky publications I really hoped to write for. Started making lists of publications and writers to check in on from time to time. I’m now writing for four publications from time to time.
- I had more fun with my writing, got advice from writers like GB Rogut, and others, and continued to study the comments here and elsewhere so I could…